So, you received your Yard Mastery Soil Test Kit results and are now wondering how to enable your Customized Program. Let's open the app and get your customization on!
Let's start with the app menu, which is found by clicking on the 3 green bars () in the top left corner of your app, this will take you to the settings screen.
There are two steps in enabling your Custom Program:
1. When the Menu drop-down opens
- You will want to click on "Settings"
- then select "Lawn Settings".
- Under "Preferences" you should see a drop-down list next to "Product Type".
- If you have a product type selected, you will see that on the page (see below), you can click the arrow next to the product type preference, and choose another option.
- If you don't see a preference set, you will see the words "Select one".
- Choose whether you would like "All Granular", "All Liquid", or "Liquid/Granular"
- Once you have chosen your Product Type, you can click the green "Save" button.
Go back to the Menu, which is found by clicking on the 3 green bars ().
2. When the Menu drop-down opens
- Click on the "Soil Test" option
- If you have results from a previous soil test, you should click on the "Completed tests" button
- Under "Completed Tests' you should see any Yard Mastery soil tests that you have registered.
- If you have not registered or completed a test before, you will want to register or purchase a kit. (You will not be able to enable the custom program until you have a kit that is available here)
- Click on the test that you would like to have a Custom Program created for
- After you pick the test to design your program, you should be taken to the "Soil Analysis" page where you can see your soil test.
- Under your soil test, you should see "Product Recommendations". You can use the slider toggle to have the app enable your Custom Program, (see the image below for an example)
A few things to note:
- Yard Mastery's Custom Lawn Program recommendations are based on soil samples tested using the Yard Mastery Soil Testing Kit.
- The app will add events to your calendar when it is time to put down pre-emergent regardless of whether or not you have a custom fertilizer program.
- Pre-emergents and bio-sitmulants are still scheduled based on the general lawn program based on lawn type and soil temperatures.
- The "All Liquid" fertilizer option is not supported by the custom fertilizer program at this time
Keywords: soil test, app, custom program, custom lawn program. lawn program