Whether you prefer liquid or granular, Hydretain isn't just great for your lawn. It is also equally as effective on all types of ornamental plants, shrubs, trees, and gardens.
Here is some information on using Hydretain in a variety of ways:
- Trees, Shrubs, and Individual Plants: Apply liquid Hydretain at a diluted rate of 2 oz/gallon, drenching the root zone. For best results on trees, you may apply 1-2 oz of concentrate for each 1/4 inch of tree trunk diameter. The dilution rate is variable from 50:1 to 300:1.
- Potted or Containerized Plants: Apply liquid Hydretain at a diluted rate of 2 oz/gallon, thoroughly saturating the material in which the plant is growing. Before applying make sure that the planting media, (the material in which the plant is potted and growing) is dry enough to hold as much diluted Hydretain as possible. Hydretain may also be applied through existing injectors at rates between 50:1 and 100:1, however, higher dilution rates may require multiple applications to achieve your desired goal.
- Large Planters & Gardens: Apply liquid Hydretain at a diluted rate of 2 oz/gallon or through injectors at a rate of 50:1 to 100:1. You may also apply this at a rate of 2oz of concentrate per 60 sq. ft. of an area, in which case 1 gallon would treat 4,000 sq. ft.
- Trees: Apply granular Hydretain at a rate of 1.5 - 2 lbs for each inch of tree trunk diameter. For existing trees, apply evenly from the base of the tree just past the drip line. If transplanting trees, granular Hydretain may be mixed into the planting material or applied topically by watering in after planting.
- Shrubs and Plants (Individual, Potted, or Containerized): Apply granular Hydretain at a rate of 1 pound per cubic foot of planting mix either topically or mixed into the planting medium at the time of planting.
- Large Planters & Gardens: Apply granular Hydretain at a rate of 1 pound per 100 sq. ft. of planter bed. You will want to apply topically for existing beds; however, for new plantings, the granular Hydretain may be mixed into the soil before planting or applied topically after planting.
- Water thoroughly when re-watering Hydretain-treated plants.
- For best results, reapply every 90 days or when required watering becomes more frequent.
- If Hydretain is applied to open flowers, rinse with plain water to reduce the possibility of Hydretain pulling moisture from the petals.
Keywords: Hydretain, liquid, granular, plants, shrubs, trees, flowers, gardens, apply, rate, hydratain