Collecting A Good Soil Sample:
- Collect soil from 5-7 separate locations/spots within your desired testing area.
- The soil should be collected to a depth of 6 inches (15 cm).
- Combine the collected soil in a large plastic bag or bucket and mix thoroughly, breaking up any large chunks. (Samples should be free of any large plant material and other debris).
- Using the provided scoop, collect one level scoop of the mixed soil and add it to the jar containing DI water and nutrient adsorbing capsule. Firmly secure lid.
- DO NOT DUMP WATER OUT OF THE JAR
Check out this video for more information on collecting your sample:
After you collect your sample, the next step is to mail it to the lab.
Mail Your Sample to The Lab
- MAIL YOUR SAMPLE WITHIN ONE DAY OF ADDING SOIL TO THE JAR
- Ensure the jar lid is firmly secure.
- Place jar in provided postage-paid envelope.
- Place the envelope in your mailbox or anywhere USPS shipments are accepted.
- You will be emailed notifications of sample progress over the next 6-days or log in at www.mysoiltesting.com for updates.
**Before diving in to collect your sample, please take a moment to register your soil kit. For the best experience, you can download the free Yard Mastery App:
Alternatively, you can register your soil kit on the Yard Mastery website. Click on the link below and then click on the "New User? Create an Account" link. That and it will take you through the registration process for your kit.
**Please keep in mind that a typical lawn only requires one soil test, unless you want to treat sections of your lawn differently.
keywords: soil test, registration, soil sample, how many kits do I need to purchase, collect